Rock N Roll Extreme 4oz
Rock N Roll Extreme 4oz
FREE SHIPPING for orders over $80. EXCLUDES Bikes, Full face Helmets and some large bulky items.
Online only price. Price may vary in store.
- Extreme is for mountain bikes
- Absolute Dry is for the road bikes
- Gold is for both mountain and road bikes
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The formulation goes deep down into the chain and traps any dirt. Then, with the energy of the chain freewheeling backwards, the dirt and grit floats to the surface so you can wipe it all off, leaving a new and clean application of lube inside the chain, where it’s needed. The lube down inside the chain creates a protective membrane to seal out dirt and moisture from the moving parts of the chain. As well as holding in place the best lube on the planet, for longer chain life, super smooth shifting and pedaling.
Bicycles, being on rubber tires, are not grounded, making the bicycle a static electricity machine. As the bicycle rolls along, positive charge build up will bring dirt and dust particles from the road onto the bike. The bike will discharge and do it all over again, bring up more dirt. Ever wonder why you have a perfect dust line on the front of your fork blades or on the cable housings. That’s how the bike gets dirty on the road, on dry days. The dirt is also going to stick to whatever is sticky on the bike. Of course, the chain is the number one spot. Road bikes generally tend to pick up more dirt from the discharge, so a thicker, dryer membrane is needed. On the other hand, the mountain bike needs something that can take lots of dust, and/or muddy slop being kicked up on the chain from the front wheel. With water crossing, too!
A FEW TIPS!
- Put the chain on the big ring in the front, and the small cog on the back.
- Apply the lube on the chain, over the top of the cog. Let a nice flow of lube go onto the chain (don’t be cheap). Remember you’re going to clean and lube the chain in one step.
- Freewheel the chain backwards, and wipe off all of the dirt and grit that comes up to the surface of the chain. Keep in mind, you can’t wipe off the chain too much, so make that chain shine!
- Shift the chain off the big ring, so you can wipe off the chain ring, to clean up the little bit of residue left behind.
- For best results, allow your chain to sit a few hours or lube the night before. However, if right after lubing, you have to ride, you have to ride, so go for it. Giving the lube a chance to set gives the lube a bit more life by allowing the protective membrane to fully set-up. Remember, to wipe off you chain after riding regardless if you’re going to re-lube or not. This keeps the chain clean and looking great!